Hello sweet friends. Another Monday has rolled around, so it’s time for Part III of my Writing Your Life List Series. I’ve been awed and amazed at some of your lists. I love some of the ideas I’ve seen in your emails and links to your blogs. The energy you pour into this will reap huge benefits.
If you are new to this series, welcome!
Let’s review quickly…
In Week #1, we focused on writing our values, excitables, and our influencers. These help shape who you are and should be reflected in your life list. Read more about week #1 here.
In Week #2, we started looking at our goods (values) and greats (dreams). Again, I think it’s imperative to keep this simple, so you really have a list that reflects you. You have only one life so make sure you are doing things that you want to do or achieve. I highly encourage you to read more about week #2 here, if you haven’t.
Now onto Week #3. I write a lot. I doodle a lot. I make lists a lot. I believe I was able to write over 1300+ things that I want to do because of making many lists. It really enabled me to see what was important to me and what was not.
Using various writing prompts and making categories will help to spark your imagination. They will help you to see what it is that you truly want on your list.
Writing Life List Items Using Writing Prompts
Here are 10 writing prompts to help get you started on writing your list:
1. List 10 childhood memories
2. List 10 places you want to travel because of pictures you’ve seen in magazines, TV, or on the internet.
3. List 10 things you would do if given a second chance.
4. List 10 things that make you smile.
5. List your favorite things to do on the weekends or your day off.
6. If you could go 5 places and money were no object, where would you go?
7. List 10 new professions you would like to try. (don’t limit yourself.. remember money and/or talent isn’t what is important here).
8. List at least 5 things you would like to change about the world.
9. List 10 things you would do if you won millions of dollars in the lottery.
10. List 10 things you want to be remembered for at your funeral.