Ahh.. summer. Summer has arrived here at the Meyerson house. Our summer plans originally were to be traveling cross country in an RV for the summer. The plans were in full force and we were supposed to take off last week. But some exciting changes happened and Jeff opened up his own law practice this month, so we are staying put in sunny Phoenix.
Other than some baseball and swim practices, I really desire our summer to be unscheduled and low key. So the kids worked on a family summer manifesto last night. I contributed #14 as my only concrete plan for the summer.
1. Waterpark + picnic lunches.
2. Make homemade jam. Double our amount from last summer.
3. Backyard campout with smores.
4. Finish making our 52 cupcakes.
5. Visit our friend at the nursing home every week this summer.
6. Try new fruits and vegetables at the Farmer’s Market.
7. Cook with mom and dad and make homemade ice cream.
8. Go to Slide Rock.
9. Go to the circus.
10. Road trip to Grandma’s house for ice cream cones and scrambled eggs.
11. Ride bikes and scooters with our cousins.
12. Eat hot dogs, watermelon, and corn on the cob.
13. Blow bubbles.
14. Dream session + story retreat for mom.
15. Learn to braid each other’s hair.
16. Draw, paint, color, sew, and/or build everyday.
17. Read the Harry Potter Series out loud and then host a Harry Potter Movie Marathon with friends.
18. Play baseball and tag in the schoolyard behind our house.
19. Invite friends to go to the AZ Science Center.
So lots of rest, water, art, and food is on our Summer Manifesto. What exciting things do you have planned this summer?
Blessings sweet friends – Jenny
Linking this post today over at Ali’s awesome community here.Tweet